The painting "silk on silk" - a description of the technology, interesting ideas and feedback
History of the art of embroidery with silk
Many people know that the early Chinese stuff was worth its weight in gold. Not surprising, since the art of silk embroidery originated in this country. In the era of the three kingdoms Emperor sun Quan ordered his subordinate to give him a realistic Map of the kingdoms. On the canvas was to be reflected mountains, rivers and principal buildings of the state. The work was fine, and the girls had to be creative. The picture is embroidered on Silke, silk thread. the Needles were thick hair. Painting silk on silk turned out wonderful, and the masters received accolades from the Emperor.
This art continues its development to this day. At present there are 4 schools that have received names according to the provinces where they originated: Jiangsu, Guangdong, Sichuan and Hunan.
art VietnameseTo Europe the secrets of creativity of Chinese masters came only in the XX century But despite this, the paintings "silk on silk" knows the entire world today. Particularly widespread this art was in Vietnam. In this country it came from China and became a national.
Vietnamese Ambassador Bui Cong Khanh became the man who brought to his homeland the art of embroidery. He taught this skills of girls in her village. Over time, the style of Chinese embroidery spread all over Viet Nam. Picture of silk transformed and acquire their unique features. Today such works of art are valued no less than the Chinese embroidery.
Who produces paintings today? Among girls of Vietnam embroiderers profession is very prestigious. This is even considering the fact that the duration of the production of one of the women does not exceed 10 years.
During this time, the seamstress loses his eyesight so much that it becomes incompetent. But the result of the creativity of these women who give their health for the sake of art, delights the people around the world.
tools and materialsto make painting silk on silk, you need to prepare everything you need. And that, in fact, used by seamstresses in their work?
- Very thin needle. They pass through the silk and do not leave marks in the fabric. As we know, masters no second attempt, it shall immediately determine the position of the needle. Pierce the fabric in the same place several times will not work.
- Silk thread. So they in the process was not stratified and are not confused, mistresses cook them together with the fruits of gleditsia. Then you need to dry the resulting material, after which it can be used.
- Thin scissors. Despite the fact that most Chinese and Vietnamese paintings hiding the knots on the front side, a pair of scissors handy still need often.
- embroidery Hoop or loom. In order to make it easy to embroider, the fabric needs to be stretched. To do this without special tools is simply impossible.
What distinguishes this equipment from conventional surface?Embroidery paintings, silk – activity complex and laborious. The main difference from the Russian surface lies in the technique. Our local masters do not attach much importance to the back of the canvas, while Chinese embroiderers used to hide the knots on the front part. They do it to do it so skillfully that over time, girls began to create a bilateral pattern. Looking at such a masterpiece, it's hard to say where the paintings, the inside out.
Another difference between our surface embroidery from the Chinese masters is the size of the stitch. Domestic embroiderers use different length as one of the stylistic devices. In Chinese paintings the stitches are so tight that it is impossible to understand where one ends and the other begins.
and, of course, it should be noted that our Patriotic craftswomen embroider thread floss and Chinese girls rarely recognize something other than silk.
embroidery techniquesAs we already know, there are 4 main schools of Chinese embroidery. Each of them dominates your style, right now about him and talk.
- School su. Seamstress, working in this technique, have patience. How else could it be if every day I have to share the thin silk thread on the even more subtle. But when the stitches fall on the canvas, it creates an interesting visual effect. The eye does not notice the transitions from one color to another, it seems that the picture painted watercolor. This school became the ancestor of the double-sided embroidery.
- School Xiang. In this school of embroidery, unlike other frequently used shadows. They are laid into the shapes of animals, birds and even meet in landscapes. Chinese embroidery is not typical. Quilters stitches are placed not exactly, but in a chaotic manner. This gives the work a liveliness and the image is more realistic.
- School Y. the Main theme for creative embroiderers working in this technique, choose dragons and birds. Quilters often use gold and silver thread.
- School of Shu. Masters of this school adhere to pastel shades in embroidery. The color of thread resonates with the background color and the image is very delicate and light. The stitches are placed evenly and smoothly.
What is the plot?
Many quilters embroidering on the order, do not themselves come up with topics of their works. Chinese paintings on silk that sometimes seem too similar. This is due to the fact that the embroidered cloths have the same theme. It is always symbolic. Here is a list of the most popular themes for embroidery.
- Fish in Chinese mythology is a symbol of success.
- Lotus Flowers represent loyalty and devotion.
- Butterfly – the symbol of joy, serenity and happiness.
- Birds represent freedom and joy.
- Plums and peaches are a symbol of fertility.
to learn how to embroider at any ageAs we know, creativity has no barriers. But to master the art of Chinese embroidery, girls have a minimum of 5 years. And this is considering the fact that the seamstress will work for 8 hours a day. Based on this statistics, you can imagine how much time you need to spend with the mistress, to achieve at least a relatively good equipment. At least 10 years if it is to hone your skills on a daily basis.
of Course, everything will depend on the abilities of girls. If she graduated from the art Institute or at least art school, it would be easier to learn how to harmoniously distribute the stitches on the canvas.
silk PaintingThis art came to Europe from Indonesia. It was there first began to paint the silk fabric a variety of colors. We are using not only paint, but the reserve – the substance based on wax or resin which does not allow the paints to flow into each other.
Batik – the official name of silk painting. The paintings are executed in two major techniques: cold and hot. The dye colors silk cut is considered cold technique. But when the work is done in layers and used wax – this technology is called hot batik. Paintings on silk paints became popular in Europe only in the twentieth century.
Print on silkToday, in the digital age it is difficult to imagine how art managed to survive. Many artists exchanged brushes and paint and graphics tablet. It is not surprising that every year print paintings on silk is becoming more popular. People like clean lines and well detailed drawings. In batik to achieve a similar effect simply impossible.
to Obtain an image of high quality in embroidery. But to create a single work mistress spends a year. During this time, the printer can print millions of pictures. It is clear that digital creativity is assessed in much cheaper than crafts. Therefore, printed on silk paintings can afford to absolutely anyone.
What is the future of silk paintings?it would Seem that with the development of factories, the manual work had to die completely. But this did not happen. Every year it becomes more and more people who are engaged in different types of needlework. Many, judging by the reviews, attracted by the exclusivity of products and some find pleasure in the process of manufacture.
Paintings, embroidered silk, for sure will still be popular for centuries. Possibly longer, but it is safe to say this is impossible. But paintings digital format, if we are to believe the enthusiastic response, a bright future. They will print always, it's fast and cheap.
these are the values today and by most people, purchasing decor for your interior.