What is a bar? Features pencil hatching
using the technique, the emphasis should be on cross-stroking. The tone created in this way gives an overall impression of cleanliness. If you look at the drawings of professionals, we can see that even in the darkest place a sheet of paper is illuminated.
Basic concepts in the art of pencil hatchingto Understand what the bar, and learn how to use this technique in drawing is not as difficult as it seems. You need to learn the basic concepts:
- light and shade. This phenomenon allows us to see objects three-dimensional.
- Highlight - the reflection of light on the surface of the subject. Its intensity depends on the texture. Matte surfaces give less glare, glossy - more. There are materials where glare is not visible. It is wood, stone, porous texture.
- the Penumbra (gray) - smooth transition between shadow and light.
- Reflex - unsaturated bright spot in dark areas. It is formed by rays reflected from the close lying objects.
- Shadow - a dimly lit or very dark area of the drawing object. It can be private or falling. The darkest area is called sotrasel.
- Bar line, which can be long or short. All depends on the artist. Shading can be applied in different directions. When one layer rests on another, then gradually dialed the tone of the picture. The picture gets interesting graininess.
area Hatch in a classic pencil drawingto Understand what the bar, let's get to it. In the picture are used straight and cross-hatching. The first is:
More clearly developed must be part of the picture that are in the foreground. Here stronger contrasts of light and shade. In the background, the picture should be like hazy and go air in the future. Shading in the form used in the image, circular objects, for example, spheres, cones, cylinders. The lines accentuate the shape, making it more expressive.
Alternative types of hatchingthe
- The simplest technique of drawing with a pencil - point hatching, which is applied by tapping the stylus on the paper. The greater the number of dots, the richer the tone of the picture.
- Zigzag hatching reminiscent of hooks, commas, and swirls, which are applied randomly.
- the Technique of spraying. It resembles figure pastel pencil. Hatching is performed with a cotton swab or cloth. A sharp knife removed the slate chips, similar to dust. There is dipped a q-tip or a piece of paper towel. The figure shaded on paper. The effect of the pastels.
the Secrets of shadingthe Principles on which the drawings are created by hatch:
- the Shading is performed by separate lines. It is impossible to draw a “snake”, without lifting a hand.
- a Common mistake for beginners is to hatch with a comma. Try to keep the line was smooth. Many beginners do not understand right away what the bar. The line should be lighter at the beginning and the end and in the middle of more intense.
- One of the nice ways - stroking from shadow to light. The surface of any object is illuminated unevenly. Work should start from the shaded space in the figure. Need to move from the shade to a lighter part of the object, gradually increasing stroke length.
- Shading must be performed with a steady hand and quick movements.
- while drawing you need to rotate the pencil in his fingers. Thus, the stylus will be wiped uniformly. This will allow less of it to sharpen.
- If the drawing is done on a horizontal surface, it is impossible to put his hand on the paper. Hand can accidentally RUB the pattern and leave the dirt on the sheet. The artist must be accustomed to a drawing to rely on the little finger. Another option is to put under handed a blank sheet of paper.
- you Need to consider the softness of the pencil. Information is always there on the box. The harder the pencil, the harder it is to do the shading.