The combination of colors: lilac, yellow, white and other colors
Complex the color purple very often causes difficulties in the preparation of combinations. The colour purple relates to the shades of the third order, so its combination is necessary to consider more nuances than other colors. the Combination of colors,
lilac which is the main, can be bright or delicate, depending on the choice of additional notes.
What is the color purple?
the name of the color already gives us an idea of its shade. The complexity of the identification of the lilac is that it is often confused with purple, which they are really close “relatives”. Their difference is in intensity. Like purple, lilac – this compound red and blue, but it is slightly larger than full-bodied “fellow”. For dimming in the purple added a third color-white. This makes it complex and belong to the group of the third order. Recall that all colors, depending on the complexity, divided into three groups:
- Simple - this is the basic colors that cannot be obtained by mixing (blue, red, yellow).
- the Shades produced by joining two core (brown, orange, purple). They are called flowers of the second order.
- Complex tone produced when connecting 3 or more colors (mauve, salmon, blue-green, yellow-orange). The colors of the third order.
the Most difficult to combine are the colors of the third group. Therefore, the combination of lilac with other flowers – this is a difficult color task.
Shades of lilac colors and their names
to Distinguish color nuances the untrained person is not easy. Shades of purple color may vary according to several parameters:
- intensity. The degree of brightness allows you to select shades such as pale lilac, light lilac, lilac, bright purple, dark purple.
- the heat. Traditionally, lilac, and purple, cool color. However, the volume of the red tone is closer to warm. On this basis distinguish such shades as periwinkle (cold, light tint), Wisteria (warm, bright), color of Orchid (medium warm).
- the predominant tone. The dominant color is also a classification criterion. Lilac can prevail two main (red and blue), they can have different degrees of severity. This leads to the appearance of such hues as pink, lilac, blue-lilac, lavender, amethyst. Lilac color can be mixed with gray, beige, then we can talk about these shades like mauve, beige and purple.
Any combination of colors, purple is not an exception, causing a variety of human sensations, emotions and associations. Complex tones tend to evoke mixed feelings and associations. Traditionally, the color purple is associated with tenderness, peace and tranquility. He almost leaves no one indifferent, it is either love or totally reject. The balance of red and blue in purple evokes a harmonious balanced emotions in his perception. Enhances the feeling of coherence the presence of the white tones. Interestingly, the combination of the purple color with other colors can give people additional possibilities. So-called color reflex can make it more warm or cold, which affects his perception.
Preparation combinations on the color circle
To simplify the selection of color combinations I. Itten based on years of research created the color wheel.
it tones distributed in a spectral sequence. Inside the circle is a triangle of base tsvetov: yellow
red and blue. The second tier is a hexagon, formed by the shades obtained by mixing primary colors: purple, green, orange. Outer layer, circle, formed by 12 tones, which transform into one another. These colors constitute the spectrum. All colors are natural relationship. They can be:
- Related. The shades are located next to each other. There are four groups of closely related colors: yellow-green, red-blue, yellow-red, blue-green.
- Contrast. The colors that are opposite each other in the color wheel. For example, purple and yellow are contrasting against each other.
- Complementary. These colors are defined using a triangle with a sharp end which will be the main color, the other two peaks indicate the adjacent color, which enhance the main flavor. For example, in relation to red-violet complementary would be yellow and green.
Related and depression
and the Same monochrome palette – some of the hardest to mix, as colors in combination should be combined with the warmth and tonality. Monochrome combination of colors will be within one cell in the color wheel, with differing degrees of intensity. For example, a light purple color can be combined with dark purple or razbelennye pastel lilac. Such combinations look very stylish and harmonious, they are pleasing to the eye. But when combined, you need to carefully reconcile the shade, as the combination of warm and cold tones
can create the impression of variegation and carelessness. A kind of monochrome palette will be the combination of lilac and white flowers. Cool white perfectly accentuate the elegance and soft lilac. Related flowers against the purple is pink-purple and blue, at their selection it is necessary to carefully adjust the tone. Selection of similar combinations is based on the combination of two or three nearby colors. For example, lilac will fit the pink, salmon, light blue-purple and light blue.
Complimentary separate combinations
Simple and effective can be separate and complementary combination of colors. The lilac color will be expressive and spectacular, with such companions as lemon yellow and turquoise-green. The choice of saturated colors can create a very expressive palette, if you stay on the less intense colours, it is possible to obtain delicate and exquisite composition.
the Most striking and distinctive are the contrasting combinations. Their chief charm is that they most clearly illustrate and reinforce each other. Contrasts better differ our eye. They can be based on:
- Ton. In this case, the opposite will be the combination of yellow and purple, i.e. colors that are arranged in a circle facing each other.
- Saturation. In this case, the color is selected within the stretch of one tone. Contrast in this case will be a dark lavender and pale lilac.
- the Heat. You can create a composition of warm and cool shades, although it will need a great color sense and a trained eye to avoid garish combinations. Cold amethyst contrasting companion will be the purplish lilac.
Complex color solutions
the Combination of colors of the third order allows you to create intricate combinations, which are disclosed after a careful consideration. Usually nuanced combination of colors – lilac and aquamarine, lilac and salmon – is unusual and is difficult to read. But this makes them very expressive. To complex color solutions can also include:
- the combination of lemon yellow and dark Orchid;
- combination of bright emerald and deep purple;
- contrast of turquoise and amethyst.
these are the main things to look for when combination of colors.